Guidance in John The Baptist Community School
John the Baptist Community School is committed to the provision of a broadly based education in an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect, balancing vision with realism which facilitates personal growth and development among students, staff and community, within the context of a Christian ethos.
Our Guidance team, Mr. Howard, Ms O’Sullivan and Mr. Healy.
Guidance Department Mission
A comprehensive guidance counselling service is available to all students.
Elements of this service include:
- Individual career guidance
- Individual support
- Individual and group advice on subject choice
- Curriculum Vitae and interview preparation
- Visits to third level colleges
- Visits to career exhibitions
- Advice on study skills and examination technique
- Help with third level college applications
- Help and advice regarding applications for Post Leaving Certificate courses
Students are provided with one to one career guidance and support. Students also experience guidance in the classroom, offering them the unique opportunity to design and develop key skills for successful learning, self-organisation, study and CAO applications.